If your spine is inflexibly stiff at 30, you are old. If it is completely flexible at 60, you are young” Joseph Pilates
How can Fitness Pilates help you?
Fitness Pilates takes the original mat-work exercises and brings them up-to-date by adding functional adaptations, 3-dimensional movements and a whole-body focus.
Over time you may notice:
- a stronger core
- reduced back pain
- improved flexibility
- better core stability for balance and easier movement patterns
- increased mobility
- improved postural alignment
No previous experience is necessary.
Fitness Pilates brings together mind and body and offers you the chance to ‘hang up your life’ for 60 minutes and focus on how your body moves & feels.
What does a Fitness Pilates session involve?
Classes are taught in-person and online via live-streaming and recorded sessions.
Each class typically consists of the following components:
- warm up/mobilisation/mental and physical preparation
- standing functional exercises
- mat work exercises
- relaxation section
“In ten sessions you will feel the difference, in twenty you will see the difference and in thirty you’ll have a whole new body” Joseph Pilates
What should I wear?
- you will need comfortable clothing which stretches to allow you to move freely
- ideally you will have several light layers so that you can remove them as you get warm and add them back on for the relaxation section
- bare feet are ideal but you may prefer to wear socks
- you might want to have a bottle of water
- you will need a yoga mat and a small towel/cushion
When are the sessions?
In-person Fitness Pilates (term-times only):
- Mondays 8.15pm in Benenden village hall (click here for details and booking information)
- Fridays 10am in Kilndown village hall (click here for details and booking information)
Online Fitness Pilates:
- Wednesdays 7pm (book here)