When I very first became involved in the world of fitness I was drawn to group classes at a local sports centre and I loved the experience of exercising with other people like me. It is probably no surprise then that I still enjoy teaching classes today.
All my classes are booked as termly courses so that your space is guaranteed every week. They provide an affordable option for you if you would like the benefits of regular training within a supportive, small group setting.
Current class timetable
click the link to print a pdf version of my class timetable
I also run a weekly ‘wellness walking’ group on Wednesdays @ 9am – see below
I have a passion for walking. I walk every day, in all weathers and over any distance. I love nothing better than having a day free to walk all the daylight hours there are!
From my love of walking, and my belief that going for a walk sorts out pretty much everything, I set up a weekly walking session which heads out every Wednesday. The session is free of charge and details are below:
- meet at the Old School Hall, Back Lane, Sandhurst
- Wednesdays at 9am
- we arrive back by 10.30am
- friendly dogs and their owners are all welcome
- wear weather-appropriate clothing!
Please note we cover 3-4 miles, mostly on uneven surfaces (rural footpaths) and there are some stiles/gates to navigate. If you have a problem with the distance & uneven terrain, this might not be the walking group for you – please email me if you have any questions at all.
Three of my weekly classes are Pilates-based because I believe the principles of Pilates offer us the chance to create a strong foundation as the basis for all our movement patterns in every day life. Regardless of your fitness level, your age or how you spend your days, Pilates offers you the following benefits:
- improved posture through muscle strength & tone
- a focus on core stability
- increased mobility
- relief of stress and postural tension
- exercises to complement other types of fitness
- rehabilitation of injury, alongside your relevant health care practitioner
Please click on the link for further details: Fitness Pilates
I also teach a low impact class which has more focus on cardio-vascular fitness. You do not need to be fit to join the class, as it is taught in an adaptable way with options to suit all levels and cater for differing individual needs. I will be there to encourage you but you choose how hard you want to work.
The format of this class varies week-to-week, but it will always promote:
- improved cardio-vascular (heart & lung) fitness
- low impact exercises which are kind to your joints and pelvic floor muscles
- a focus on core stability
- increased lean muscle tone for a change to your body shape
- exercises to re-enforce functional movement patterns
- release of feel-good hormones
Please click on the link for further details:
HI-LI* Fitness Circuit (*high intensity; low impact)