I am Jane Taylor!
I was a late starter where fitness and exercise is concerned and hated sports and PE when I was at school.
After my youngest son was born I found myself at home for the first time ever and I really struggled to know what to do with myself.
In my previous life I had been a chef and I hadn’t taken maternity leave with my first two babies. This time around I was hemmed-in by school times but my days seemed to stretch endlessly from drop-off to pick-up. I felt trapped by my life and became very unhappy and disconnected from the outside world.
Exercise was quite literally my saviour:
I signed up to my local leisure centre when Jake was 8 weeks old. It was probably far too soon for my body but perfect-timing for my mental health. Soon I was doing 2 classes back-to-back, 6 days a week with my little one sitting in his chair at the side of the hall. It became my reason for getting out of bed, a place where I met like-minded women and somewhere that I felt I belonged. I got into the best shape of my life and I loved how my body looked and felt. The boost to my state of mind was an unexpected result and something that I had never experienced before.
Inspired by how much exercise had made a positive impact on my life, I went on to train as an ‘exercise to music’ instructor. I love the fact that this enables me to share my passion and enthusiasm for movement and to help other people discover the many positive benefits of exercise too.
From my passion for teaching, I began working on the gym floor, spent 10 years in leisure management and then managed a gym for several years before setting up taylor-made fitness in 2010.
At every stage, the thing I have loved the most is seeing the difference that movement can make to everyone who tries it, regardless of their initial goal, their previous experience or their age.
Movement & manual therapy unlock the door to:
- optimal alignment & mobility
- improved physical & mental health
- better sleep health
- increased self-esteem & body confidence
- improved digestive health
What else do you know that can do all that?!
How can I help you?
With on-going personal & professional development, taylor-made fitness is constantly evolving, but my key-focus remains consistent:
- I can help you to move more often with fitness & Pilates classes, personal training & wellness walking – or a mixture of these
- I can help you to move more efficiently using sports & clinical massage therapy to help re-connect to your body, reduce pain and improve functional movement patterns
Regardless of whether you are just starting-out, or starting-over, or simply in need of some fresh motivation I can help you to move more and feel better in your body.
Qualifications & training
- First Aid at Work certificate (valid to Nov 2022)
- covered by public liability, malpractice and professional indemnity insurance through Balens
- currently studying L3 & 4 Sports Massage with T3 Education (completion early 2020)
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilisation course October 2018
- Barre Pilates Method certification June 2018
- SpineSafe™ Pilates course with Cherry Baker April 2018
- Pregnancy Massage with Jing May 2017
- Massage for Scar Tissue with Jing May 2017
- Full ACMT certification – Jing Advanced Massage Training April 17
- Burrell Education Pregnancy & Post Natal Massage & Remedial Therapy November 2016
- Bodywork Beginnings – Jing Advanced Massage Training May 2016
- Be Activated level 1 (November 2014) & level 2 (March 2015)
- Kettlercise & Kettlercise H.Core certifications
- Level 3 Pilates Matwork Diploma
- Hypopresives Method – fundamentals, advanced & expert certifications
- Metabolic Effect – Indoor Group Training, Outdoor Group Training & PT qualifications
- Pre- and Post-Natal Exercise level 3
- TRX level 1 Instructor
- Boxercise – Instructor, Kick-boxing Instructor & Personal Trainer certifications
- Wright Foundation Cardiac Rehabilitation (REPS level 4 Specialist Instructor)
- Wright Foundation Referral Programme Consultant (GP Referral)
- Spinning Instructor & ICE Advanced Cycling Instructor
- BOSU Foundation Certificate
- NVQ Level 3 Advanced Fitness Instructor with Nutrition
- BTS Body Pump, Body Step & RPM
- RSA Basic Certificate in Teaching of Exercise to Music