Exercise & me…
I didn’t love sports and PE at school; I played a bit of squash in my late teens & I did no exercise at uni so you could say I was a late starter where fitness was concerned!
At the age of 28, with three children under five & desperate for some ‘me-time’, I started going to regular classes at my local leisure centre – and I never looked back.
Ever since then, exercise has been as much about my mental health as my physical well-being and I love to help other people find that connection too.
Regardless of where you’re starting from, movement will make you feel better, and I am here to help if you need me.
Exercise & sports massage unlock the door to:
- optimal alignment & mobility
- improved physical & mental health
- better sleep health
- increased self-esteem & body confidence
- improved digestive health
What else do you know that can do all that?!
How can I help you?
With on-going personal & professional development, taylor-made fitness is constantly evolving, but my key-focus remains consistent:
- helping women (& sometimes men!) to move more with fitness & Pilates classes, personal training or wellness walking – in any combination that works for you
- helping you to move more efficiently using sports & clinical massage therapy to help you to re-connect with your body, reduce pain and improve functional movement patterns
Regardless of whether you are just starting out, or starting over, or looking for some fresh motivation. I can help you to feel better in your body.
Qualifications & training
- First Aid at Work certificate (valid to Nov 2022)
- covered by public liability, malpractice and professional indemnity insurance through Balens
- affiliate member STA – (2629)
Summary of training:
- currently studying Oncology Massage
- Level 3 & level 4 Sports Massage with T3 Education (2020 & 2021)
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilisation course October 2018
- SpineSafe™ Pilates course with Cherry Baker April 2018
- Pregnancy Massage with Jing May 2017
- Massage for Scar Tissue with Jing May 2017
- Full ACMT certification – Jing Advanced Massage Training April 17
- Burrell Education Pregnancy & Post Natal Massage & Remedial Therapy November 2016
- Level 3 Pilates Matwork Diploma
- Metabolic Effect – Indoor Group Training, Outdoor Group Training & PT qualifications
- Pre- and Post-Natal Exercise level 3
- Wright Foundation Cardiac Rehabilitation (REPS level 4 Specialist Instructor)
- Wright Foundation Referral Programme Consultant (GP Referral)
- Spinning Instructor & ICE Advanced Cycling Instructor
- NVQ Level 3 Advanced Fitness Instructor with Nutrition
- BTS Body Pump, Body Step & RPM
- RSA Basic Certificate in Teaching of Exercise to Music